Our Practice Area
WIYONO PARTNERSHIP is awarded as “Corporate Law Firm of the Year in Indonesia” by Corporate INTL GLOBAL AWARDS and GLOBAL LAW EXPERTS. The firm provides various services relating to corporate laws. It assists numbers of its clients in undertaking corporate reorganization and restructuring.
The firm is retained by numbers of group of companies as their corporate legal counsel handling their day-to-day legal matters, inter alia:
- Mitra Jaya Group having multi-businesses in Indonesia, including coal mining, mining contracting, palm oil plantation, and logging.
- PT Lintas Marga Sedaya – a toll road concessionaire in Indonesia developing 116 KM Cikampek – Palimanan Toll Road located in West Java – Indonesia.
- PT Kamadjaja Logistics, the widest coverage logistic company in Indonesia.
- Karya Tehnik Group, integrated shipping & related industries, including a multifinance company focusing on the financing of vessels.
BANKING & FINANCE
WIYONO PARTNERSHIP assists numbers of international and national banks with respect to the financing facilities provided by thoses banks to their customers. To name some of those banks, the firm assists:
- China Development Bank
- The Export-Import Bank of China
- China Minsheng Banking Corp., Ltd.
- Export-Import Bank of Malaysia Berhad
- Coutts & Co Ltd.
- BSI Bank Limited – Rabobank
- Indonesia Eximbank – Westpac Banking Corporation
- PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk – PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) Tbk
- PT Bank Central Asia Tbk
- PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) Tbk
- PT Bank Mega Tbk
- PT Bank International Indonesia Tbk
- PT Bank OCBC NISP Tbk
- PT Bank CIMB Niaga Tbk
- PT Bank Permata Tbk
- PT Bank Danamon Indonesia Tbk
- PT Bank DKI
- PT Bank Kaltim
- PT Bank Sumatera Utara
- PT Bank Jatim
The firm also represents its clients dealing with number of International banks inter alia Bank BNP Paribas, Standard Chartered Bank, Bank OCBC – Singapore, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse AG, Bank CIMB – Malaysia, International Finance Corporation (IFC), Asian Development Bank (ADB) and ICICI Bank Limited.
Some recent financings assisted by the firm:
The firm advises a toll road concessionaire in obtaining the following facility to finance the construction of 116KM Cikampek – Palimanan Toll Road:
- IDR8.8 trillion senior loan facility from syndication of 22 banks arranged and led by PT Bank Central Asia Tbk and PT Bank DKI, which is also facilitated by Deutsche Bank and Malaysia Export Import Bank; and IDR2.5 trillion subordinated mezzanine facility.
- The firm advises 4 (four) biggest banks in Indonesia namely Bank Mandiri, BRI, BNI and BCA in providing credit facilities to PT Kereta Api Indonesia (Persero) and PT KAI Commuter Jabodetabek for financing the development of Jabodetabek commuter railway & facilities with the total facilities up to IDR 3 trillion.
- WIYONO PARTNERSHIP advises Bank Mandiri, BRI, BNI and BCA in providing syndicated financing facilities to PT Kereta Api Indonesia (Persero) and PT Railink – a joint venture by KAI and PT Angkasa Pura II (Persero), for financing the development of Soekarno-Hatta airport railway with the total financing up to IDR 2.06 trillion.
- Our firm assists 4 (four) major banks namely Bank Mandiri, BCA, Bank OCBC NISP and Indonesia Exim Bank in providing syndicated financing facilities to PT Tirta Fresindo Jaya (a member of Mayora Group) for the construction of new production facilities with total financing up to IDR 911 billion.
- The firm represents China Minsheng Banking Corp., Ltd. in providing a loan facility of USD54 million for development oil palm plantation and mills in Indonesia.
- The firm advises The Export-Import Bank of China in giving loan facilities to Indonesia companies, who are majority owned by China companies.
- The firm represents China Development Bank in providing a loan facility of USD24 million to a palm oil plantation company in Indonesia, which is majority owned by a China company.
- The firm represents a consortium of contractors in getting advance payment and performance bonds facility of IDR1.155 trillion from PT Bank Central Asia Tbk, Standard Chartered Bank and Bank OCBC.
- The firm represents a client in getting loan financing of USD105,000,000 from syndicated of banks arranged and led by ICICI Bank Limited for financing the construction of a power plant.
- The firm represents PT Suprabara Energi – a coal mining company in getting a loan facility of up to USD40 million from Bank BNP Paribas.
- The firm advises Export-Import Bank of Malaysia Berhad in giving Islamic Financing to numbers of its customers, who have businesses in Indonesia.
- The firm assisted Maybank International in providing a US$15,500,000 facility to its customer.
- The firm represented syndication of 5 local banks led by PT Bank Central Asia Tbk in providing a loan facility of IDR1 trillion (around USD100 million) to PT Buana Finance Tbk, a listed multi finance company in Indonesia.
- WIYONO PARTNERSHIP represented syndication of 3 local banks led by PT Bank Central Asia Tbk in providing a loan facility of IDR500 billion (around USD50 million) to a multi finance company in Indonesia – member of Saratoga group – specializing in providing car and motorcycle financing.
- The firm represented Maybank in providing a loan facility of USD28 million to a local company for financing the development of a coal handling facility.
- The firm also represents numbers of private equity funds (inter alia Avenue Capital Group, who manages assets estimated USD14.1 billion as of 30 June 2014) in providing equity financing to Indonesian companies in developing inter alia water projects in Jakarta and Tangerang areas, and an integrated resort or properties comprising hotel, 18 holes golf course and residences located in West Java with the total area about 1,300 hectares.
WIYONO PARTNERSHIP is one of the leading legal firm advising toll road projects in Indonesia. The firm advises Asosiasi Perusahaan Jalan Tol Indonesia (Association of Indonesian Toll Road Companies) on various legal issues relating to the development of toll road projects in Indonesia. In addition, it also advised the concessionaires of the following toll road projects:
- Cikampek – Palimanan Toll Road;
- Bali Toll Road;
- Cinere – Jagorawi Toll Road;
- Serpong – Balaraja Toll Road;
- Pemalang – Batang Toll Road;
- Semarang – Solo Toll Road;
- Solo – Ngawi – Kertosono Toll Road;
- Surabaya – Mojokerto Toll Road;
- Bogor Ring Road;
- Jakarta Outer Ring Road W2 North;
- Gempol – Pasuruan Toll Road;
- Kunciran – Serpong Toll Road;
- Kunciran – Cengkareng Toll Road;
- Cibitung – Cilincing Toll Road.
The firm also advised a state owned enterprise for the initial stage development of toll road projects located in Sumatra Island known as Trans-Sumatra Toll Road Project.
The firm advised PT Penjaminan Infrastruktur Indonesia (Persero) in granting Government Guarantee on the following project:
- Batang – Semarang Toll Road;
- Pandaan – Malang Road;
- Manado – Bitung Toll Road;
- Balikpapan – Samarinda Toll Road.
The firm advises the clean water operators servicing the eastern part of Jakarta, and Tangerang. The firm also advises a company operating a water treatment plant servicing an integrated properties complex located in South Jakarta.
WIYONO PARTNERSHIP also advises its clients relating to:
- port development
- power plants
- gas pipelines
- geothermal projects
WIYONO PARTNERSHIP involves in numbers of project financing in Indonesia inter alia Cikampek – Palimanan toll road financing, power plant financing, port development financing and water treatment plant financing.
ENERGY & MINING
WIYONO PARTNERSHIP assists numbers of its clients engaging in mining business. The firm also represents numbers of clients in acquiring coal, gold, iron ore and manganese ore mines in Indonesia.
- The firm advised PT United Tractor Tbk, a member of Astra International Group, in acquiring few coal mines located in Central Kalimantan.
- It represented the previous shareholders of PT Kalimantan Energy Lestari, a coal contractor under the fourth generation of Coal Contract of Work (CCOW), in divesting the coal mine.
The firm advised numbers its clients in relation to their efforts to acquire mines in Indonesia.
- Based on the survey done by Pacific Business Press based in Hong Kong to in house counsels in Asia, WIYONO PARTNERSHIP is named by Asian-Mena Counsel as Firm of the Year 2013 (Honorable Mention) for the category of Real Estate/Construction services in Indonesia.
- It also advises its clients with respect to the construction contract and EPC contract. The firm experiences in negotiating FIDIC contracts.
- The firm advises Projek Penyelenggaraan Lebuhraya Berhad (well known as “PROPEL”), a member of UEM Group, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Khazanah Nasional Berhad, the investment arm of the Government of Malaysia, in carrying out construction works in Indonesia.
- The firm advises Tianjin Cement Industry Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd (“TCDRI”), a leading company of technology and equipment supplier in China, in setting up its construction business in Indonesia.
- The firm advises China Power Companies (inter alia Harbin Power Engineering, SINOMACH & China National Electric Equipment Corp), who are engaged by PT PLN (Persero) – the Indonesian Power Company – as EPC Contractors in developing and constructing coal fired steam power plants in Indonesia.
The firm advises its clients on construction of toll road, office tower & water treatment plant.
WIYONO PARTNERSHIP advises its clients on number of real estate projects such as Cyber 2 office tower, Cyber CSF Data centre, The Essence at Darmawangsa, Lido Resort and few other resorts located in Bali island.
WIYONO PARTNERSHIP is registered with Indonesian Financial Services Authority (OJK), as capital market lawyer.
The scope of services provided by the firm are to cover advising on initial public offering (IPO), right issues, tender offer, public offering of listed bond, Medium Term Note issuance, material transaction procedures and requirements, conflict of interest transaction, pledge of scripless shares, and REPO.
- WIYONO PARTNERSHIP assists PT Surya Artha Nusantara Finance – a joint venture of Marubeni Corp and Astra International Group – in issuing series of medium term notes privately placed but registered with Indonesian Custodian Central (KSEI), and in the public offering of bonds listed in Indonesia.
- Our firm assists PT BFI Finance Indonesia Tbk for the issuance of Medium Term Notes privately placed but registered with KSEI.
- Our firm assists PT Astra Sedaya Finance for the issuance of Medium Term Notes privately placed but registered with KSEI.
WIYONO PARTNERSHIP represents number of international companies in setting up their Investments & Joint Venture, business unit and presence in Indonesia. The firm assists its clients in preparing joint venture agreement, shareholders agreement, joint operation agreement, and related investment agreement. The firm also gives advices on licensing and manpower issues.
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
WIYONO PARTNERSHIP assist numbers of either international or domestic clients in acquiring or selling companies in Indonesia. Our services in this area are to cover conducting legal due diligence, advising on acquisition structures, preparing agreements and legal documentations, negotiation and advising on legal aspects relating to the acquisitions under Indonesian laws.